Laser calibration tool Hamar Laser X-880 5-Axis – Includes Unidirectional L-790 Laser Dual-Beam™, 5-Axis Target T-1290, A-980 Stainless Steel Shaft Stand, A-Chain Upgrade -980A, Rugged 10” Tablet and heavy duty shipping case. It features a Build Your Own (BYO) app selector where you can choose your own apps based on your individual needs.
Hamar Laser X-990 – Offers the same hardware as the X-880 but with a Professional Applications software license with most optional features added at the ultimate price.
I. Hamar Laser X-880 / X-990 5 Axis Laser motor alignment machine
Hamar Laser X-880 / X-990 Laser calibration tool – The world’s most advanced shaft alignment technology:
- For over 50 years, we have been providing highly accurate alignment systems to many different industries and applications. We started in the machine tool industry where tolerances are high and applications are difficult, and then 30 years ago we developed the world’s first 4-axis shaft alignment system.
- All of that experience and knowledge has gone into the design of the X-880/X-990 Wireless 5-axis Shaft Alignment System, resulting in the most accurate and yet easy-to use tool in its class.
X-880 / X-990 – Advanced unidirectional Dual-Beam™ technology:
- This innovative technology provides an amazing ± 12º of angular range.
- Utilizing 2 unidirectional laser beams (2 lasers, 1 direction), it solves the rough-in (pre-alignment) problem with “cross-fire” lasers (2 lasers, 2 directions) and makes aligning machines amazingly fast and easy, especially on long-distance applications.
- The result? More jobs done in less time and happier managers!
No rough-in/pre-alignment needed:
- All “cross-fire” laser alignment systems require a rough-in (pre-alignment) of the machine before the system be able to take data.
- With Dual-Beam™ technology’s 2 unidirectional laser beams and a single 33 mm sensor, you don’t need to rough-in the motor to get it to take data. You get the same ±5 degrees of measuring range from 2 in. to 30 ft. (50 mm to 10 m), unlike the “cross-fire” kits that have virtually no measuring range beyond 5 ft. (1.5 m). So just slap on the brackets, laser and target and get to work!
Ultra-high fixed angular-measuring resolution, great for close-coupled apps:
- With “cross-fire” laser technology, the angular resolution varies with distance. Ironically it’s the close coupled applications that cause the most problems for angular accuracy for these systems.
- With our Dual-Beam™ technology, you get the same high angular resolution at 2 in. (50 mm) between heads as you get at 30 ft. (10 m), and our angular resolution is 15x higher than the highest angular spec.
Duo-Plane™ realtime move screen: alignment corrections without shaft rotation:
- The Duo-Plane™ realtime move screen and 5-axis target allow you to view a live alignment screen for both the vertical and horizontal planes (4 axes) simultaneously without having to rotate the shafts. You can also leave the shafts at nearly any rotation angle.
- This is critically important on large machine applications where rotating the shafts is difficult or tightening the bolts can create horizontal movement of the machine, causing you to have to redo the alignment.
Ultra-accuracy means 2x faster alignments:
- Critical machinery demands the best the industry has to offer and the X-880 platform is up to the task.
- Super-linear PSD technology and 500-point linearization reduce the error rate to <0.15%, which is up to 15x higher than our competitors, giving you the confidence that the motor is aligned as accurately as possible.
- Higher accuracy also means better repeatability and more accurate shim calculations so you don’t have to keep doing the alignment over and over again. Shim Once, Move Once™!.
Hamar Laser X-Series™ build your own™app selector:
- Pick only the apps you want with your X-880, using our Build Your Own™ app selector to customize your apps to meet your individual needs.
- We recommend a set of apps and you can check on/off the app and the price estimate and license are updated to reflect your choices!.
X-880 / X-990 – Remote tech support:
- Utilizing the power of Windows, our tech support department can log on remotely to the tablet, via WiFi and the Internet, and troubleshoot many problems.
- We can usually resolve most issues with an online session, keeping you productive and potentially saving a lot of money on costly returns for repairs.
Easy-Guide™ navigation with onboard manual and training videos:
- Our Couple6 software features our Easy-Guide™ navigation with its easy-to-follow, high-quality screens, leading users through each stage of the alignment.
- And if you forget how to do something, the manual and training videos are built right into the software! With software this easy to use, a lot of customers start using the X-880 kit right out of the box!
5-year unconditional warranty & low cost of ownership:
- With no hidden warranty fees like other systems, our 5 Year Unconditional Warranty is really that: no conditions!
- As long as you don’t damage it by abuse, then if something goes wrong, we replace or fix it.
- That’s it. We also don’t charge any software maintenance fees. Software updates are free for the life of the product!
Faster setup, Faster alignments:
- Some other systems require up to a 20 minute target-lens setup before they take data.
- With the X-880/X-990 (use X-660/X-770 for the other page), the bracket posts are pre-aligned to the brackets, so you just attach, the brackets, slide on the laser/target and adjust so the laser goes in the window and in 2-3 minutes, you’re ready to take data!.
II. Applications and features of Couple6 software
- We designed the Couple6 PC software with the novice user in mind and created our Easy Guide™ approach to navigation that is so simple to use, it requires little to no training. Easy-to-follow, high quality, screens lead you through each stage of the alignment, so you don’t need to constantly refer to “cheat sheets” just to remember how to use it!.
- Couple6 software is a powerful shaft alignment program designed to run on any Win7/8/10 tablet or laptop PC that has a Bluetooth™ connection. Since Couple6 runs on Windows tablets, you can utilize the power of the tablet to email reports from the field, run other reliability software and many other Windows based programs. This also makes it easy to find a replacement if something happens to the tablet.
Couple6 – Alignment apps and features:
Easy Guide™ Navigation
- Easy-to-follow screens guide you through the alignment, making Couple6 easy enough to use right out of the box with little to no training required!
Duo-Plane™ Realtime move screen
- Alignment values update as you adjust the motor in all 4 axes (in H &V measurement planes) in real time. This avoids the need to retake data when switching to the Horizontal measurement plane since you can see that updating while you add shims!
Measurement results popup
- Click on a set of alignment data to display color-code alignment results. Red means Out of Tolerance, yellow means Good and green indicates Excellent. Foot values are also displayed.
Onboard manuals and videos
- Our manual is built right into Couple6 software and is indexed to the currently viewed page. We also uploaded our training videos onto the tablet.
Thermal growth modeling
- Enter thermal growth values at the coupling or the feet to offset the alignment, and the motor graphics will update to show the effects. Or enter temp changes at the feet, select the material to calculate the alignment effect at the coupling. Great for “what-if modeling”!
- Enter dimension of the pump, and then lock different combinations of the motor and pump feet to see how it affects the alignment. The graphics and shim values automatically update with each click.
Flip It™ feature
- Couple6 allows the user to flip the motor graphics to match the pump/motor orientation without having to turn the display upside down!
Machine train program
- Take data on up to 10 machines and the Train Module will calculate the shims/moves that minimizes the moves. Click on any machine to update the shim/moves of other components.
Soft foot check
- On-screen, easy-to-follow procedure for checking Soft Foot. Automatically selects the “problem” foot and calculates the shim to fix it.
Vertical motor program
- The industry’s only vertical alignment display with live graphical displays of the motor’s alignment along with shim values for all bolt-hole locations.
Move screen coupling view
- For those more accustomed to gap/offset methods, we added a view right at the coupling to help aid interpreting the results.
Data history table
- For saving data for multiple alignments and keeping track of data trends. Easy dropdown list to catagorize the data.You can even average sets of data together before going to the Move Screen.
- Spacer (jack) shaft alignments have different data formats. We offer 7 data formats to match up with OEM alignment specs.
Manual/Timed recording app
- For recording shaft runout or thermal growth. Has a single-point recording mode or a time recording mode. Data is saved in an Excel format for easy uploading and analysis. A report shows min/max, a graph and a table of data.
- Using our A-987 Base, you can use our shaft alignment lasers to check the vertical/horizontal straightness of rails and surfaces. Couple6 calculates the Best Fit line for the data to provide the overall straightness values. A report shows the straightness TIR, a graph and a table of data..
- Using our A-987 Base or our more accurate L-730/L-750 Leveling Lasers with our A-1519-2.4ZB Target to measure the flatness of sole plates and other surfaces. Couple6 calculates the Best Fit plane for the data to provide the overall flatness values. A report shows the flatness TIR, a graph and a table of data.
Couple6 – Data measurement method:
- A standard feature, making coupled alignment amazingly easy. The target detects shaft rotation and automatically selects the clock location to record up to 8 data points. More data points mean better accuracy and quicker alignments!.
- Start rotating the shafts and the accelerometer detects the movement and automatically starts collecting data at 16 readings/sec. Stop rotating the shafts and Couple6 calculates the misalignment. More data means more accurate alignment data and less rework!.
- Rotate the shafts to any clock location and press Record to take a data point. Collect as few as 3 points and up to 100+ to generate alignment results. Very useful for noisy environments.
- Customized graphics make taking data very easy for vertical motors. Just click on a clock location and rotate the laser/target to that point and hit record. Customized vertical move screen graphics make the alignment part a lot easier too!
III. Features of tablets
R-1342T3-2A 10” touchscreen Win10 tablet display box:
- The X-880/X-990 systems use familiar IP65 rugged tablets PCs that are easy to replace.
- You can even use your laptop if someone runs over your tablet. So there are no expensive, proprietary display devices to replace if broken..
Off-the-shelf tablet, so replacement is never a problem:
- Hamar Laser was the first in industry to offer a rugged tablet PC display box.
- Why? Instead of offering a high-cost, proprietary display devices like other manufacturers, we wanted our customers to benefit from advances in tablet technology, such as larger screens, megapixel cameras, email on the run, 1 m drop testing, hot swappable batteries, training videos on-demand, nearly unlimited data storage, etc..
Onboard manuals and videos:
- Our manual is built right into Couple6 software and is indexed to the currently viewed page.
- We also uploaded our training videos onto the tablet, so if you need a refresher, you can just click on the video on the desktop and watch away.
- Utilizing the power of Windows, our tech support department can log on remotely to the tablet and troubleshoot problems. Just contact support and set up an appointment.
- Our support experts can usually resolve most issues with an online session, keeping you productive with the least disruption, potentially saving a lot of money on costly returns for repairs..
Tablets support other condition monitoring products:
- Our PC based tablet support many other PC-based condition monitoring (CM) products, allowing you to save money on standalone display boxes for some of the CM products.
2 Tablet Choices for the X-880 / X-990 5-Axis Laser Axis Calibration Tool
|Content||A rugged, good-performance tablet with a 10.1 in. (254 mm) display, excellent environmental ratings, 8GB RAM, a 2.0 GHz Celeron processor and good battery life. It also features a camera for taking photos of the setup.||
A high-performance, rugged tablet with a 10.1 in. (254 mm) display, excellent environmental ratings, 8GB of RAM, an upgraded i5-8250U, Quad-Core, ~3.4 GHz processor and 60% higher battery life and faster graphics updating. It also features a camera for taking photos of the setup.
IV.Laser hardware for 5-Axis X-880 / X-990 Laser calibration tool
Advanced unidirectional Dual-Beam™ technology:
- This innovative technology utilizes 2 unidirectional laser beams (2 lasers shooting in 1 direction) that solves the rough-in (pre-alignment) problem with “cross-fire” lasers (2 lasers, 2 directions) and makes aligning machines amazingly fast and easy, especially on long-distance applications.
- It also provides the industry’s best angular measuring range of ± 12º. The result? More jobs done in less time and happier managers!.
33×13 mm 2-axis PSD detector with 0.0005 mm resolution:
- One of the laser industry’s highest-resolution single-axis PSD sensors, providing .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution and a measuring area of 33(V) x 13(H) mm, the best in the industry..
Thin laser beams for added measurement range eliminates rough-ins:
- Our laser beams are very small in diameter (<2 mm), which increases the measurement range of the PSD to handle larger alignment errors, which eliminates rough-ins.
Fixed angular measuring range, great for close-coupled apps:
- With “cross-fire” laser technology, the angular resolution varies with distance. Ironically it’s the close-coupled applications that cause the most problems for angular accuracy for these systems.
- With our Dual-Beam™ technology, you get the same high, fixed, angular resolution at 2 in. (50 mm) between heads as you get at 30 ft. (10 m), and our angular resolution is 15x higher than the highest angular spec.
Ambient light correction:
- Dual-Beam™ technology also utilizes blinking laser beams to eliminate the effects of background light. Advanced light filters are also available for direct sunlight apps.
IP67 waterproof Bluetooth® wireless heads with long battery life:
- With no cables to trip on or wrap around shafts, the X-990 platform makes for a safer work area, while giving you the freedom to go wherever you need to be, for 15 hours before recharging the battery.
- Our advanced, Class 1 Bluetooth wireless technology offers up to 100 feet (30 m) of communication range, And for wet work sites, the IP67-rated T-1290 target can be dunked in water up to 3 feet (1m) and still transmit data! Also, our charging cable can be used for communications in case something happens to the wireless..
L-790 Dual-Beam™ Laser:
- 2 Unidirectional, parallel laser beams that can be used out to 30 ft. (10 m), which are much safer than the competitor 6° fans that can be up to 3 ft. (1 m) wide at 30 ft.
- Horizontal laser beam adjustment for faster setups.
- 2 mm diameter laser beams allows for extra measuring range.
- Blinking lasers for ambient light correction.
- Common charging cable for both laser and target.
- IP67 waterproof housing allows it to be submerged in water up to 3 feet (1 m) and still transmit data!
- Operating range of 30 feet (10 m) from laser to target.
- 125-hour battery life. Can be operated while plugged into A/C charger.
- Laser-On and Low Battery LED’s.
T-1290 Wireless 5-Axis Target:
- 2-Axis 33(V) x 13(H) mm PSD with .00002 in. (0.0005 mm) resolution
- Measurement accuracy of:
- Offset Error <0.15%
- Angular Error <.75%
- ± .59 in. (±15 mm) offset measuring range
- ± 12º angular measuring range
- Rotation axis 0.1º. resolution with ±1.0 º. accuracy.
- Bluetooth Class I wireless communication with range of 100 feet (10 m).
- IP67 waterproof housing allows it to be submerged in water up to 3 ft. (1 m)and still transmit data!.
- 15-hour (continuous) battery life.
- Wireless Link, On-Target, Data Communication and Low Battery LED’s.
- USB charging cable also can be used as data communications cable in case of wireless problems.
A-980 Stainless steel shaft brackets:
- Stainless steel quick-connect brackets for fast setup and stable readings.
- For shaft diameters from .8 to 6.0 in. (20-152 mm)
- 2 sets (qty 4) 4 in. (152 mm) and 8 in. (304 mm) posts.
- Stainless steel chain with magnetic tip to secure extra chain and protect the equipment.
- A-980A Chain Bracket Upgrade with chains to handle up to 12 in. diam. shafts and 6 in. (152 mm) and 12 in. (304 mm) posts.
- Fits into carrying case with posts connected.
A-910 Shipping case:
- A waterproof, rugged shipping case with precut foam for all the components of the kit. It holds extras like the: A-982 Magnet Brackets, A-980OF Offset Brackets and several other optional brackets.
***You may be interested in GMGA Roller and Roll aligners – Seiffert Vietnam: https://gmga.vn/en/danh-muc/maintenance-equipment/roller-roll-alignment-equipment/
V. X-880 / X-990 5 axis Laser calibration tool specifications
Laser/Target Unit Size
|4.2” x 3.3” x 2.2” (107 mm x 84 mm x 55 mm)|
Impact resistant plastic
Detector Type & Size
|2-axis super-linear PSD 33 mm (V) x 13 mm (H) provides 4 continuously updating alignment axes (or 2 alignment planes).|
|Ambient Light Protection||
Via blinking-laser algorithm embedded in all Hamar Laser targets.
Target Measurement Resolution
|Offset: 0.00005 mm (.00002”)
Angular: 0.007 mm/m (.00008 in/ft)
Angular Sensor Range
|± 12° (± .204 in/in or 20.4 mm/100 mm). For values > 5° use only for rough alignment.|
650 nm Unidirectional Dual-Beam laser with horizontal adjustment <0.9mW<0.9mW
|Bluetooth® Class 1 – 2.4 GHz plus backup cable|
Up to 100 feet (30 M)
Ruggedized Display Platform
|Rugged 10″ tablet, IP65, MIL-STD-810G, 2.0 GHz., 8GB RAM/256GB HD.|
|Rotation Sensor (3rd axis)||
Accelerometer Resolution: 0.1°
|IP67 (laser & target).
|Data Storage Capacity||
|Laser/Target: 5°F to 140°F (-15°C to 60°C)
R-1342T3-301XC – AC Mode:-20°C to 45°C (-4°F to 113°F) Battery Mode: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
R-1342T3-301XI – AC Mode:-20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F) Battery Mode: 0°C to 45°C (32°F to 113°F)
Covers 1-12 in. (25.4 – 305 mm) diameter shafts.
|33’ (10 m) between laser and target|
|Battery Life Target||
14 hours continuous use with Bluetooth® — 15 hours with backupcable. Target can be plugged into power source during use. Low battery status indicator for both T-1290 Target and PC.
Battery Life Laser
|150+ hours continuous use. Blinking LED indicates low battery status|
|Battery Life Tablets||
R-1342T3-301XC: 5 hours (normal use)
AC Battery Charger (Laser and Target)
110V to 220V with U.S. and European adapters.
VI. Standard kit for X-880 / X-990 Laser calibration tool
|X-880 / X-990 Laser calibration tool||X-990 5-axis alignment tool|
|Dual-Beam™ L-790 Laser head||YES||
T-1290 wireless 5-axis target
|A-980 stainless steel shaft stand||YES||
Standard tablet PC R-1342T3-2A10”
|Software license S-1396 Couple6||YES||
S-1396- App license
BYO App License
Includes these 5 basic apps plus Recommended apps : i
Choose between this and BYO Apps below:
Professional App License
Includes these 5 basic apps plus the Professional License apps:
Professional License apps
T-241 Laser/Target USB Charging & Data Communications Cable – Qty 2
|A-810 Rugged Shipping Case||YES||
VII. Laser alignment training video
***See more Laser axis alignment tool training videos at: Gmga Measuring Youtube.