What problem does the ultrasound test solve ?
1. The ultrasonic testing method allows the identification of a wide range of features and defects of the material under test. Let’s just focus on detecting internal vulnerabilities, among them are:
- Search and identify reflexes.
- Determine its location.
- Measure its size.
- Define its features (direction, type, etc.).
2. What is “reflective”?
- To understand better, let’s give a synonym for the word “reflex” – “disruption”.
- This concept is understood as “object mismatch in the structure of the tested object, possibly a defect”.
- In fact, only by pinpointing the exact location of the error, analyzing it, can it be argued that this is a bug that could affect the test object’s functionality.
- The term “intermittent” is used until there is corroborating evidence that the reflector has been detected as an unacceptable “defect”.