X-660 Laser alignment tool – Complete Axis Aligning Laser Machine featuring advanced L-780 Dual Fan Laser, T-1280 3-axis target, A-970 axis v-stand, 10″ sturdy tablet shield and heavy duty shipping box. The X-660 features a Build Your Own (BYO) app selector, you can choose your own apps based on your individual needs.
X-770 – Laser Axis Alignment System offers same hardware as X-660 but with software license loaded App with most optional features offered at the most economical and optimal price for user.
I. X-660 / X-770 3 Axis Laser axis alignment system specification
Hamar Laser X-660 / X-770 – The world’s most advanced shaft alignment technology:
- For over 50 years, we have been providing highly accurate alignment systems to many different industries and applications. We started in the machine tool industry where tolerances are high and applications are difficult, and then 30 years ago we developed the world’s first 4-axis shaft alignment system.
- All of that experience and knowledge has gone into the design of the X-660 Wireless 3-axis Laser alignment tool, resulting in the most accurate and yet easy-to use tool in its class.
X-660 / X-770 – Advanced unidirectional Dual-Fan™ technology:
- This innovative technology provides an amazing ± 8º of angular range.
- Utilizing 2 unidirectional laser fans (2 laser fans, 1 direction), it solves the rough-in (pre alignment) problem with “cross-fire” lasers (2 lasers, 2 directions) and makes aligning machines amazingly fast and easy, especially on long-distance applications. The result? More jobs done in less time and happier managers!.
No rough-in/pre-alignment needed:
- All “cross-fire” laser alignment systems require a rough-in (pre-alignment) of the machine before the system be able to take data.
- With Dual-Fan™ technology’s 2 unidirectional laser fans and 20 mm sensors, you don’t need to rough-in the motor to get it to take data.
- You get the same measuring range from 2 in. to 15 ft. (50 mm to 4.5 m), unlike the “cross-fire” kits that have virtually no measuring range beyond 5 ft. (1.5 m). So just slap on the brackets, laser and target and get to work!.
Windows remote technology support:
- Using the power of Windows, our tech support can remotely log in to tablets, over WiFi and the Internet, and troubleshoot many issues.
- We can usually solve most problems with one-stop online support, keeping you productive and potentially saving you a lot of money on costly return repairs.
Duo-View automatic real-time moving display™:
- Duo-View™ real-time moving display and 3-axis target allow you to view live alignment screens for both alignment planes (4 axes) on the same screen.
- To switch views simply rotate the axes to the clock position and the viewport will be converted automatically and the part of the axes not directly grayed out for no confusion.
Super accurate and twice as fast alignment:
- High-resolution PSD technology and 60-point sensor linearization reduce the target error rate to <0.75%, up to 5 times higher than other brands’ entry-level Lasers, and give you belief that when the screen turns green, the motor is aligning as accurately as possible.
- Higher accuracy also means better repeatability and more accurate spacer calculations, so you don’t have to keep aligning over and over again. Wedge once and teleport only once!
The Hamar Laser X-Series™ alignment tool lets you build your own application selector ™:
- Select only the applications you want with the X-660 Laser alignment tool; use the Build Your Own™ app selector to customize your apps to meet your individual needs.
- We recommend a set of apps and you can enable/disable apps and updated license and price estimates to reflect your choice.
Easy-Guide™ navigation with online training and instructional videos:
- Couple6 software features Easy-Guide™ navigation with a high-quality, easy-to-follow display that guides the user through each stage of alignment.
- And if you forget how to do something, the user guide and training video are built right into the software.
5-year unconditional warranty & low cost of ownership:
- No hidden warranty fees like other systems from other brands.
- Hamar Laser X-660 / X-770 3-Axis Laser alignment tool Unconditional Warranty 5 years really is: no conditions. As long as you don’t damage it by abuse, and then if there’s a problem we’ll replace or repair it.
- No software maintenance fees. Free software updates for the life of the product.
Faster setup and Faster alignment:
- Some other systems require setting the objective lens up to 20 minutes before data collection.
- With the X-660 / X-770 Laser axis alignment system everything is pre-aligned; so you just mount and slide on the laser/target, and adjust so that the laser enters the window and after 2-3 minutes you are ready to take the data.
II. Applications and features of Couple6 software
- The Couple6 PC software was designed with the novice user in mind, and made the Easy Guide™ navigation method so simple to use, easy to use, with little or no training. High-quality, easy-to-follow display guides you through each stage of alignment; so you don’t need to constantly refer to the “instructions” and still be able to use it easily.
- Couple6 software is a powerful axis alignment program designed to run on any Win7/8/10 tablet or laptop with Bluetooth™ connectivity. Since Couple6 runs on a Windows 10” tablet, you can use the power of the tablet to email reports from the field, run other reliability software, and many other Windows-based programs.
Couple6 – Alignment apps and features:
Navigate easy Guide ™
- The easy-to-follow display guides you through the alignment; makes Couple6 easy enough to use straight out of the factory with no training required.
Duo-Plane real-time moving display™
- Alignment values update as you tune the motor in real time. To switch views, rotate the axes to the clock position and the view will switch without pressing any buttons. Non-direct shafts are grayed out to avoid confusion.
Measurement result pop-up
- Click on the alignment data set to display color-coded alignment results. Red means Not Responding, Yellow means Good and Green means Excellent. The pin value is also displayed.
User manual and video on computer included
- The manual is integrated right into the Couple6 software and is indexed for the page being viewed. Training videos are also pre-loaded on the tablet.
Thermal growth model
- Enter heat gain values at the coupling or pins to compensate for alignment and the motor graphics will update to show the effects. Or input temperature changes at the foot, choose a material and calculate the alignment effect at the joint.
Base / Bound bolts ™
- Enter the size of the pump, then lock in different combinations of motor and pump foot to see how it affects alignment. Graphics and pad values automatically update with each click.
Flip It feature™
- Couple6 allows user to flip motor graphics to match pump/motor direction without having to flip upside down or screen.
Machine train program
- Take data on up to 10 machines and the Train Module calculates shims/steps to minimize moves. Click on any machine to update pads/movements of other components.
Soft foot check
- On-screen, easy-to-follow procedure for checking Soft Foot. Automatically selects the “problem” foot and calculates the shim to fix it.
Vertical motor program
- The industry’s only vertical alignment display with live graphical displays of the motor’s alignment along with shim values for all bolt-hole locations..
Move screen coupling view
- For those more accustomed to gap/offset methods, we added a view right at the coupling to help aid interpreting the results..
Data history table
- For saving data for multiple alignments and keeping track of data trends. Easy dropdown list to catagorize the data.You can even average sets of data together before going to the Move Screen.
- Spacer (jack) shaft alignments have different data formats. We offer 7 data formats to match up with OEM alignment specs.
Manual/ Timed recording app
- For recording shaft runout or thermal growth. Has a single-point recording mode or a time recording mode. Data is saved in an Excel format for easy uploading and analysis. A report shows min/max, a graph and a table of data.
- Using our A-987 Base, you can use our shaft alignment lasers to check the vertical/horizontal straightness of rails and surfaces. Couple6 calculates the Best Fit line for the data to provide the overall straightness values. A report shows the straightness TIR, a graph and a table of data.
- Using our A-987 Base or our more accurate L-730/L-750 Leveling Lasers with our A-1519-2.4ZB Target to measure the flatness of sole plates and other surfaces. Couple6 calculates the Best Fit plane for the data to provide the overall flatness values. A report shows the flatness TIR, a graph and a table of data.
Couple6 – Data measurement methods:
- A standard feature, making coupled alignment amazingly easy. The target detects shaft rotation and automatically selects the clock location to record up to 8 data points. More data points mean better accuracy and quicker alignments!.
- Start rotating the shafts and the accelerometer detects the movement and automatically starts collecting data at 16 readings/sec. Stop rotating the shafts and Couple6 calculates the misalignment. More data means more accurate alignment data and less rework!.
- Rotate the shafts to any clock location and press Record to take a data point. Collect as few as 3 points and up to 100+ to generate alignment results. Very useful for noisy environments.
- Customized graphics make taking data very easy for vertical motors. Just click on a clock location and rotate the laser/target to that point and hit record. Customized vertical move screen graphics make the alignment part a lot easier too!.
III. Features of the Hamar Laser X-660 / X-770 Laser alignment tool tablet
Rugged 10″ touchscreen tablet display box:
- The X-660/X-770systems use familiar IP65 rugged tablets PCs that are easy to replace. You can even use your laptop if someone runs over your tablet. So there are no expensive, proprietary display devices to replace if broken.
Off-the-shelf tablet, so replacement is never a problem:
- Hamar Laser was the first in industry to offer a rugged tablet PC display box.
- Why? Instead of offering a high-cost, proprietary display devices like other manufacturers, we wanted our customers to benefit from advances in tablet technology, such as larger screens, megapixel cameras, email on the run, 1 m drop testing, hot swappable batteries, training videos on-demand, nearly unlimited data storage, etc.
Onboard manuals and videos:
- Our manual is built right into Couple6 software and is indexed to the currently viewed page.
- We also uploaded our training videos onto the tablet, so if you need a refresher, you can just click on the video on the desktop and watch away!
- Utilizing the power of Windows, our tech support department can log on remotely to the tablet and troubleshoot any problem.
- All you need is an internet connection.Our support experts can usually resolve most issues with an online session, keeping you productive with the least disruption, potentially saving a lot of money on costly returns for repairs.
Tablets support other condition monitoring products:
- Our PC based tablet support many other PC-based condition monitoring (CM) products, allowing you to save money on standalone display boxes for some of the CM products.
2 Tablet Selection for Laser Alignment Tool
|A rugged, good-performance tablet with a 10.1 in. (254 mm) display, excellent environmental ratings, 8GB RAM, a 2.0 GHz Celeron processor and good battery life. It also features a camera for taking photos of the setup.||A high-performance, rugged tablet with a 10.1 in. (254 mm) display, excellent environmental ratings, 8GB of RAM, an upgraded i5-8250U, Quad-Core, ~3.4 GHz processor and 60% higher battery life and faster graphics updating. It also features a camera for taking photos of the setup.|
IV. Laser hardware for Laser alignment tool X-660 / X-770
Advanced unidirectional Dual-Fan™ technology:
- This innovative technology utilizes 2 unidirectional laser fans (2 laser fans shooting in 1 direction) that solves the rough-in (pre-alignment) problem with “cross-fire” lasers (2 lasers, 2 directions) and makes aligning machines amazingly fast and easy, especially on long-distance applications.
- It also provides a very generous ± 8º of angular range plus a fixed angular resolution that is 4x higher than the highest angular tolerance. The result? More jobs done in less time and happier managers!.
20×1 mm PSD detector – 0.001 mm resolution:
- One of the laser industry’s highest-resolution single-axis PSD sensor, providing .00004 in. (0.001 mm) resolution and a measuring area of 20×1 mm, among the best in its class.
Thin laser fans for added measurement range:
- Our laser fans are very thin (<2 mm), which increases the measurement range of the PSD to handle larger alignment errors. They also have very little divergence, with a max width of 3 in. (76 mm) at 15 ft. (4.5 m), which improves laser safety.
Fixed angular measuring range, great for close-coupled apps:
- With “cross-fire” laser technology, the angular resolution varies with distance. Ironically it’s the close coupled applications that cause the most problems for angular accuracy for these systems. With our Dual-Fan™ technology, you get the same high, fixed, angular resolution at 2 in. (50 mm) between heads as you get at 15 ft. (4.5 m), and our angular resolution is 4x higher than the highest angular spec.
Ambient light correction:
- Dual-Fan™ technology also utilizes blinking laser fans to eliminate the effects of background light.
- Advanced light filters are also available for direct sunlight apps.
IP67 waterproof Bluetooth® wireless heads with long battery life:
- With no cables to trip on or wrap around shafts, the X-770 platform makes for a safer work area, while giving you the freedom to go wherever you need to be, for 15 hours before recharging the battery.
- Our standard, Class 2 Bluetooth wireless technology offers up to 33 feet of communication range, and for wet work sites. The IP67-rated T-1280 target can be dunked in water up to 3 feet (1m) and still transmit data!
- Also, our charging cable can be used for communications in case something happens to the wireless..
L-780 Dual-Fan™ Laser head:
- 2 Unidirectional, parallel laser fans with extremely low divergence of only 0.3 degrees (3 inch at 15 feet or 75 mm at 4.5 m) is much safer than the competitor 6 degree fans that are up to 1.5 feet (0.5 m) wide at 15 feet.
- 2 mm thin laser fans for extra measuring range.
- Blinking laser fans for ambient light correction.
- IP67 waterproof housing allows it to be submerged in water up to 3 feet (1 m) and still transmit data!
- Common charging cable for both laser and target.
- Operating range of 15 feet (4.5 meters) from laser to target.
- 125-hour battery life. Can be operated while plugged into A/C charger.
- Laser-On and Low Battery LED’s.
T-1280 Wireless 3-Axis Target:
- 1-Axis 20×1 mm Dual-Fan™ PSDs with .00004 in. (0.001 mm) resolution with an accuracy of:
- Offset Error <0.75%
- Angular Error <1.5%
- ± .35 in. (9 mm) offset measuring range.
- ± 8º angular measuring range.
- Rotation axis 0.1 degree resolution with an accuracy of ±1.0º
- Bluetooth Class II wireless communication with range of 30 feet (4.5 m).
- IP67 waterproof housing allows it to be submerged in water up to 3 ft. (1 m) and still transmit data!
- 15-hour (continuous) battery life.
- Wireless Link, On-Target, Data Communication and Low Battery LED’s.
- USB charging cable also can be used as data communications cable in case of wireless problems.
A-970 Aluminum shaft brackets:
- Aluminum quick-connect brackets for fast setup and stable readings.
- For shafts diameters from .8 to 6.0 in. (20-152 mm).
- Set (qty 4) 6 in. (152 mm) posts.
- Stainless steel chain with magnetic tip to secure extra chain and protect the equipment.
- Optional A-970A Chain Bracket Upgrade includes: extra set of chain for shafts up to 12” (304 mm) in diameter and Set of 4 12” (304mm) posts.
- Fits into carrying case with posts connected.
A-910 Shipping case:
- A waterproof, rugged shipping case with precut foam for all the components of the kit.
- It holds extras like the: A-982 Magnet Brackets, A-980OF Offset Brackets and several other optional brackets..
***You may be interested in GMGA belt and pulley alignment equipment – Seiffert Vietnam: https://gmga.vn/en/danh-muc/maintenance-equipment/belt-and-pulley-alignment-equipment/
V. X-660 / X-770 3 Axis Laser alignment tool specifications
Laser/Target Unit Size
|4.2 x 3.3 x1.94 in. (107x84x49 mm)|
Impact resistant plastic
Detector Type & Size
|1-axis PSD 20×1 mm provides 2 continuously updating alignment axes (1 alignment plane).|
|Ambient Light Protection||
Yes via blinking-laser algorithm embedded in all Hamar targets
Target Measurement Resolution
|Offset: 1.0 micron (.00004”)
Angular: 0.025 mm/m (.0003”/ft.)
Angular Sensor Range
|± 8° (± .136 in/in or 13.6 mm/100 mm). For values > 4° use only for rough alignment.|
650 nm dual-fan laser with 0.5° fan <0.9mW with 2 mm fan “thickness” to enhance measurement range.
|Bluetooth® Class 2 – 2.4 GHz|
Up to 33 feet (10 M)
Ruggedized Display Platform
|Rugged 10″ tablet, IP65, MIL-STD-810G, 2.0 GHz., 8GB RAM/256GB HD.|
|Rotation Sensor (3rd axis)||
Accelerometer Resolution: 0.1°
|IP67 (laser & target).
Accuracy: ±1°. Measurement accuracy not affected by rotation sensor accuracy.
Covers 1-6 in. (25.4-152.4 mm) shaft diameters.
|15 ft. (4.5 m) between laser and target|
Laser/Target: 5°F to 140°F (-15°C to 60°C)
Battery Life Target
|15 hours continuous use with Bluetooth® — 16 hours with backupcable. Target can be plugged into power source during use. Battery status indicator for both T-1280 Target and tablet.|
|Battery Life Laser||
150+ hours continuous use. Blinking LED indicates low battery status
Battery Life Tablets
|R-1342T3-301XC – 5 hours(normal use)
R-1342T3-301XI – 8 hours (normal use)
|AC Battery Charger (Laser and Target)||
110V to 220V with U.S. or international adapters. Cable also works as a wireless backup cable and firmware updater.
VI. Standard kit for Hamar Laser X-660 / X-770
|X-660 3 axis||X-770 3 axis|
L-780 Dual-Fan™ Laser head
|T-1280 Wireless 3-Axis target||YES||
A-970 Aluminum shaft brackets
|R-1342T3-301XC10” Standard tablet||YES||
S-1396 Couple6 software license
|S-1396- App License||BYO App License||
Includes these 5 basic apps plus the Professional License apps:
Includes these 5 basic apps plus Recommended apps :
|Data Quality Analyzer|
|Data Quality Analyzer||
|Report Printing Software|
|Report Printing Software||
Professional License apps
|Auto Clock™ Data-Taking|
|Choose between this and BYO Apps below:||
Auto Sweep™ Data-Taking
Auto Clock™ Data-Taking
|Bolt Bound™ Move Screen|
Image Capture – Reports
|Machine Train 3|
|Thermal Growth Foot Calculator||
|Repeatability Results Table & History Module|
|Vertical Machine Program||
Virtually Unlimited Data Files
Spacer Shafts – 7 Formats, Templates
Auto Sweep™ Data-Taking
|Thermal Growth (coupling) Target Offset|
|Image Capture – Reports||
Thermal Growth Foot Calculator
Machine Train – 3
|Machine Train – 10||
Vertical Machine Program
|Vertical Machines Real-Time Move Screen|
|Repeatability Results Table & History Module||
Virtually Unlimited Data Files
Spacer Shafts – 7 Formats, Templates
|Report Printing Software|
|Thermal Growth (coupling) Target Offset||
Vertical Machines Real-Time Move Screen
|Machine Train – 10|
|T-241 Laser/Target USB Charging & Data Communications Cable||YES||
|A-810 Rugged Shipping Case||
VII. Laser alignment tool training video
***Watch more video tutorials for Laser alignment tool at: Gmga Measuring Youtube.